We have a job opening for a support manager to join our support team.
We are looking for an experienced support manager to manage and lead a team serving multiple complex software systems. This will include direct line management and technical and non-technical support.
What you will do:
- Line management of support engineers.
- Call customers monthly to review the priority order of requests and find out if anything is outstanding.
- Working with support engineers to ensure Azure DevOps is up to date.
- Conduct daily SCRUM with a support team.
- Hold a mid-month meeting with customers to see how things are going.
- Monitoring SLAs.
- Using reports to monitor the age of requests, the status of systems, etc.
- Communicating issues that need attention to the back office management
- Informing customers in advance if service times are exceeded
- Regularly update timesheets of support team members to ensure that client/project time is not inadvertently exceeded before notification/confirmation with the client.
- Be the gatekeeper for projects moving to the support team.
- Meet weekly with account managers to share knowledge.
- Monitor systems for potential problems.
Experience and skills:
- Understand the software development cycle.
- Previous experience in managing helpdesk or development teams.
- Have ITIL certification.
- Have a Dev ops approach to development.